Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Make the most of a situation

Tuesday I made last minute arrangements to do work at a customer in western Ohio. I like when I can visit customers that are within driving range because I can take my bike or other gear for training. I decided to take my bike this trip since I was going to be surrounded by country roads and the weather was forecasted around 50 degrees. I was also able to take advantage of a great setup that my customer has. The company bought the house of the founder and turned it into a guest house. I have a four bedroom century house all to myself tonight. It is a great setup and more comfortable than any hotel. I'm fortunate to be able to use it.

I drove out this morning and it turned into a long day. Didn't leave the office until 6:00PM but with the time change I was able to get in a 1.5 hour ride. This was an awesome ride. I needed to be in Zone 1-2 for recovery so I was able to enjoy the scenery.

On the way back I stopped by Casa Rodriguez for some take-out Mexican. I rode home with my bag of food and ate my dinner. Very yummy.

Thank-you Madam Pele:
For the winds in my face that reminded me to keep my exertion low.
For the winds at my back that helped me fly with little exertion.
For the riding partner as the setting sun cast a shadow of me on the fields.
For the sound of the wind rushing in one ear and out the other.
For the only other sound being the whir of my tires on the pavement.

I almost thought my day was not going to have a ride, but just when you think all is lost the Game is back on.

No comments: