Monday, May 23, 2011

Post Op Weekend

My recovery weekend went pretty well. I stopped using the crutches Saturday morning. They were just getting in the way and I was stable enough to place my weight on my right knee. Aimee was working in the garden and I was helping with some small things.

Everyone in a while I would sit down and rest so I didn't over do anything. Aimee was awesome all weekend and took care of cutting the grass. It's nice to not worry about it especially since the grass has been growing so fast.

Dr. Stearns called and said the procedure went well and I could remove my bandages on Sunday. I couldn't wait to get them off. There was so much gauze under the ace bandage I couldn't bend my leg very far, and my mobility was actually very good.

Sunday the knee continued to feel pretty damn good. The weather was still good and we did some more work in the garden. I'll have to post some pictures from our work.

Today was vacation day so I could rest some more. And I did. I took a late morning nap and just tinkered around the house. My dad and uncle came over for dinner to help finish out the evening.

Physical therapy starts tomorrow morning.

Game On.

3 comments:

Christi said...

I am so glad that you are doing well. Sending more healing vibes your way!

Trisaratops said...

So glad to hear things are recovering all well! I have no doubt you'll bounce back from this like a champ. It's kind of what you do. :) Rest up and take it easy, though! Please let me know if you need any help--I'd be happy to come over and help Aimee in the yard if she needs a break, or hit the grocery store for you guys, or whatever else you might need!

Janet Edwards said...

Glad to hear all continues to go well! Wishing up the best!