Friday, September 14, 2007

On the Mend

I started this post 10 days ago. I'm finally getting back to finish it...........

I've been trying to take care of myself and heal my leg. I saw an orthopedic doctor and he doesn't think it's too serious. Probably an inflamation of the bone and tendons. On Friday he said one more week of cross training before hitting the pavement for a test run.


He gave me a water running workout to try. I've always hated water running but I never had a structured workout. So why not give it a try.



It's a ladder workout.



Warm up 5 minutes

Follow this ladder twice

15 second sprint / 15 second easy
30 second sprint / 30 second easy
45 second sprint / 45 second easy
60 second sprint / 60 second easy
90 second sprint / 90 second easy
90 second sprint / 90 second easy
60 second sprint / 60 second easy
45 second sprint / 45 second easy
30 second sprint / 30 second easy
15 second sprint / 15 second easy

This was harder than I thought. Oh yeah....don't use any flotation. No belt or anything.

The workout your arms get is intense. Doc said that I shouldn't be able to lift myself out of the pool. If I could I should do another ladder.

It actually makes pool running tolerable.