Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sorry folks but we have been delayed.

Don't you hate that announcement at the airport? It just throws your whole day off. You try to scramble and salvage what is left of the day and get where you need to be.

That's how I have been feeling lately. But it's not due to travel problems, and it has nothing to do with work.

My race season has been delayed. Below are two pictures of what is delaying me.





So what do you think? Right knee. Left ankle. Both not looking too good.

I think the knee is over used. The half marathon in Houston and some Crossfitting has caused it to freak out. The inside of the knee is the most painful. I have an appointment with an ortho I've been to before so we will see what he officially says.

The ankle was twisted during my first 4 mile run after taking it easy for a week post half marathon. The ankle is stable and is still a little tender but I'm walking fine.

However, this has really put a damper on my training. Swimming is about all I can handle.

I skipped the season opener at the Buzzard Duathlon.

I signed up for the Ohio University Athletes in Action sprint tri and the Little Smokies Half Iron in May.

I have finally made the decision to cancel both of those races. I may swim and bike at OU, but I am nowhere near ready for a half iron. So I will still go down and watch all my tri peeps race at both.

It's always hard to deal with injuries and set backs when everyone else around you are in good form and ready to race. So I'm going to recover as best I can and hope to be ready for the second half of the season.

Let's see what Game I can muster later this summer.

5 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That sucks!! I hope you recover soon.

Christi said...

Damn, I am sorry. I hope you heal quickly and I will send you some healing vibes!

Daniel Smith- said...

Eric...what doesnt kill us makes us stronger...if you heal now,,you will PR later..there are many-many races to come!---hang in ther brotha!
Daniel

MissFit Island said...

That is too bad. I hope everything heals for you. It seems many people are injured this year. More than in the past. Seems strange.

Janet Edwards said...

Sorry to hear about that but really happy you will still be down at TTT with all your positive energy! Probably the best choice to get back on track fast!