Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Racing Strategy

As we enter into the racing season everyone should be tuning up their mental preparation and confidance. Mental training is just as important as swimming, biking and running. Without the proper mental balance you are just going through the motions.

Aimee and I help each other prepare for races. We remind each other about the appropriate race plan. It works for us, maybe it will work for you.

First you start the race going fast.

Part way through you should begin to go faster.

For the final part of the race you should be going really FAST.

No......don't thank me now. I'm here to help......it's what I do.

I think Bolder would approve.

Game On.

5 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Thanks Eric...I will have to keep that in mind!!!

I think like Ricky Bobby, "I wanna go fast!".

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

WHEW!

Without this, I would have been doing my usual pace: slower-than-a-herd-of-turtles

E-Speed said...

what happened to run slow and taper? Perhaps that's a different strategy ;)

Craig said...

Eric
Well, at least you know mental training is important. Thanks for stopping by the sportsmindedus blog!

qcmier said...

Uh, sorry to contradict, but that doesn't quite work for me. Trust me, I wish it were as simple as you stated though.