Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Never Forget

I received an comment on one of my posts from a year ago. The comment made sense once I re-read my post. It was one of two posts about Hallie Nanda. It had been one year since she left us after battling cancer. I re-read the posts and the comments. I sat for a while remembering how Halle pushed me all summer during my training for Ironman Wisconsin. Silently giving me support from above during the harder parts of my of bike rides and runs.

I know she will be watching me push hard this year also and giving me strength to do my best.

I was forwarded the e-mail below from her husband....In case you are interested......Game On

FYI-- kid's book author Brian P. Cleary has dedicated his most recent book in memory of Hallie. He is the author of the best-selling Words Are CATegorical series and the Math is CATegorical, Adventures in Memory, and Sounds like Reading series. He has also written several other books. Mr. Cleary lives in Cleveland, Ohio.

Last year, I spent portion of Hallie's memorial fund to purchase Brian Cleary books for Avon East. During Mr. Cleary's visit to Sanjay's school, every kid went home with a book which was signed by Mr. Cleary and purchased from the fund. Since Hallie spent most of her free time volunteering at the schools, I thought it was a fitting way to spend the money that so many of you donated in her memory.

It was very generous of Mr. Cleary to dedicate this book to her and I think it is his way of showing his appreciation for Hallie's commitment to the schools and the book contribution. I just wanted to let you know about the book in case you wanted to check it out.

If you are interested, here are the details:

Title: Straight and Curvy, Meek and Nervy

More about Antonyms

By Brian P. Cleary

Illustrated by Brian Gable

US$ 15.95

ISBN-13: 978-0-8225-7878-9

No comments: