Monday, April 20, 2009

This Calls for a Brain Dump

And yet another week slips by with little action in the blog-o-sphere. Oh I've been reading my favs and posting comments but the posts on my own have just not been there. I commented on Cyndi's blog about not worrying about missed workouts and not playing catch-up.

Normally I would do that with my own blog but this time I'm going to brain dump and recap the last week.

Last Monday I was out of town at a customer for 3 days. No problem there is a YMCA in town and I can still swim and run. Problem.....the pool is closed for repairs. I'm flexible....I deal with it.

Tuesday was another quality treadmill workout. It's a fun one where you keep a steady pace but you change the elevation every 60 seconds. You can read about it here.

Wednesday I drive back home and ride on the trainer. Nothing heavy but something to loosen the legs.

Thursday I ran again. 6.5 miles with some tempo at 1 mile, .25 mile and .5 mile distances. Another quality workout.

Friday is rest day. Whew. Except for a fund raising wine tasting at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.

Saturday was a quality brick. Aimee and I rode together for 2:15 hours then I rode for another 1:30. The portion I rode alone was some great tempo work on the bike followed by a 4.5 mile run. I knew it was going to hurt but I pushed myself twice for a .5 mile and then a .25 mile surge. I don't know how long I ran but the brick total was probably 4:15.

This day was filled with quality. The best part was riding with Aimee then having her ride the mountain bike during my run.

In case I haven't said it before, she is awesome. We followed up our training day with dinner downtown before Aimee and a friend saw Chelsea Handler. I played chauffer and dropped them off at the theater. I visited my brother before picking them up again.

Sunday we ran with some friends. Well, Aimee ran with friends while I hit the Buckeye trail between Brecksville Reservation and Snowville Road. My legs were so heavy for the first several miles and then things started to feel pretty good. I love being the only one on the trails and just loosing myself to the wooded path. Still pretty muddy but the legs were coming through for me. I finished that run with 9 miles in 1:27 time.

So today was just a nice day to loosen up in the pool. It was the first time in over 10 days. I swam 1000 yards to loosen up before getting in the whirlpool. Tomorrow is a hard swim workout. Maybe the long break from the pool with provide some good times in the water.

Brain dump over. Hopefully I won't need to do this again too soon because the Game appears to be gettin' On.

No comments: