Sunday, June 07, 2009

Triple T - Summary

First I want to say thanks for waiting patiently for the entire race report series. Work since Memorial Day weekend has kept me very busy. We also traveled to San Diego to watch my sis-in-law run her first marathon at the Rock 'n Roll Marathon.

But I did want to post a Triple T summary.

I loved this race. We have already put next years race on the calendar.

I had so much fun at this race. Talking with people. Sharing experiences. Making new friends.

Race it like an Ironman. Next year I want to push it a little harder.

Race nutrition on the run is very important. This is where I blew up at both IM races and I was rock solid at Triple T, especially during the half marathon. I took in 5 gels during the run and felt great. During my IM marathons I fell off my gel schedule and paid for it. I finally have it down.

Here is a summary of my run splits from races 2, 3 and 4.

Race #2

Race #3

Race 4

Loop 1

Race 4

Loop 2

8:42

8:40

8:48

9:00

8:17

8:37

9:10

8:59

8:09

8:28

9:09

9:09

8:19

8:52

9:24

9:37

7:37

7:12

7:49

7:23

6:57

6:38

7:13

6:29

3:41

3:40

4:24

3:22


I'm very happy with how I kept enough in the tank where I could improve my splits day to day, especially the final 2.5 miles.

I can't do this without alot of help and support. Aimee is the best in her support of what I do. She gets it and understands why I do this, partly because she does this insanity as well.

Bike Authority. Their bike support has always been top notch and my bike is always in working order. I do alot of maintenance on my own but their expertise helps fill in the gaps.

Flashpoint Wheels. I have raced many times with the FP 60's and they are rock solid. They spin up so fast and I know the wheels helped with some super fast downhills.

My Snakebite teammates who encourage each other for races and training.

Next big race is the Musselman Sprint and Half IM in July.

Time to get my training Game back On.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, if you wanted to finish race 4 with me you just had to walk a little more, I wasn't that far behind...and closing fast. Nice write up, you summed it up well. Now you know why I've done the race six times, it a blast. I'll be there next year...handing out Chap Stick.

Big Country
PS I hear Sterk's is having a breakfast special.

Trisaratops said...

Way to kill it!

One of these days I need to head down there--looks like so much fun!

Cyndi said...

Good stuff Eric, as always.

Congratulations on a successful race weekend, and looking forward to the next one!

Dan said...

Awesome report - very inspiring. It sounds like a great time!