Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that you are able to spend a fun day with family and friends. There are so many things to be thank-ful for today I wouldn't know where to start.

This morning I am thank-ful for being able to run with my wife and friends at the Nakon Foundation Turkey Dash. This run is a 5k right in my back yard. I did my warmup by running to the event site and met everyone there. I haven't run a 5k in like forever since this was the year of going long.

Finish time: 19:21
Mile 1 6:15
Mile 2 6:27
MIle 3 6:04

I felt great and I am thankful for that. Now for the rest of the weekend I'll be thankful for those around me.

Look out turkey....Game On.

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Nice job! I, um, totally did not run the race this morning. I am, however, going to run an hour or so now, since I feel like a slug.

Let's just say that I ended up being the driver for my fun but sometimes idiot best friend, and before I knew it, it was 5:freakingthirtyam. Yeah. I'm too old for this stuff! ha ha

Glad the race was fun--now I'm off for a run to redeem myself.....

Signed,
Slacker who was at the bar too late

greyhound said...

Sub 20! You're too fast for ironman. Have a great thanksgiving.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good grief - sub 20?!? After a season of going long? You are a speedster.