Thursday, October 04, 2007

When Good becomes Great

Two weks ago I touched base with my Coach's husband Scott. Asked him about his weekend ride and if he wanted some company. He's training for IM FLA and is ready to rock the course. I knew it was going to be a good ride. I hadn't ridden my tri bike for several months.


He had four hours on schedule. He's been riding alone. It gave me a good excuse to finally get my bike put back together.


I knew we were going to have a good ride. Jeff was going to join us for part of the ride. He was still recovering and taking it easy after IM USA where he laid it on the line.
Here's Jeff:


...and his big guns:



The weather was great for a fall day. The roads in the Cleveland Metroparks were fiarly empty of cars. We talked about many things, most of which I have forgotten. But I definitely remember laughing. Joking around about crank lengths and looking like Darth Vader.


I even managed to show Scott some new roads with great views of Lake Erie. At the end of our ride we not only had four hours and 80 miles to show for it, but a good ride had become a great ride.


Scott is so strong he pulled my butt all the way back home for the last 20 miles.
I'm riding with him again this Saturday and can't wait to go along for the ride.