Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Caption Contest - AMBP Review

Thanks for all the captions so far. It will be tough to pick a favorite.

I figure it's time I should provide my own review of Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. When I was first contacted about AMBP I wasn't too sure it was a good product for triathletes. I know they say to use it on a bike ride, but being a triathlete what about the swimming part on race day? I mean...it is a powder.

Now I don't normally get monkey butt when I ride. I usually don't use anything when I ride. I believe the butt needs to be toughened up for those long days in the saddle.

Occasionally I'll get some bad chaffing between my thighs when I run. Some Body Glide or a good pair of shorts will prevent that.

But hey......I'm up for trying new products. So I agreed to give it a shot. I've used regular baby powder and Gold Bond so I wanted to see how AMBP compared.

Right out of the container I could tell it was different. The calamine powder is what makes it unique. It has a good feeling when applied.

I tried the powder for a couple of runs but I was sweating too much for it to do much good. But I will say post workout it's a nice relief. Absorb some of the sweat and prevent the dreaded crotch rot. Maybe they could come out with Anti Crotch Rot Powder. Maybe not. Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I am going to let my sis-in-laws boyfriend give it a try. He plays golf and gets chaffed sometimes during a round. I'll see what he says.

Overall I like the product. The calamine powder is great. I think I will use it more post workout than during. So like the monkey....I give it a thumbs up.


No comments: