Sunday, January 31, 2010

The three R's - Resting, Ranting and Raving

So let me get three things off my chest......out of my head.....clear the mind.

Resting:
I totally abused my body last week with a heavy Crossfit workout Wednesday followed by a hard bike session Thursday night. I'm a wreck. I haven't seen the witch doctor in a while either so that doesn't help. My right leg is screaming at me for relief and my upper body is tighter than a snare drum. My work schedule and travel hasn't helped either. I've become sort of a weekend warrior since work has limited my ability to train well this month.

Ranting:
Aimee and I were watching some ESPN Sportscenter the other day and Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner was in the news. The way people were talking about him I had to ask Aimee, "Did he die?"

Everyone who was being interviewed kept saying things like...."He was a great guy"......"He will be missed"......yadda yadda yadda.

It sounded like the guy had died the way people were talking about him in the past tense. COME ON PEOPLE. He.is.retiring.....he's not dead yet. What a bunch of schmucks.

However, Kurt Warner was possibly the most understated quarterback in the NFL. If you have paid any attention to my previous posts you know I don't care much for mainstream professional sport like NFL, MLB or NBA. The players just piss me off.

But then there is Kurt Warner. He seems to be one of the nicest players to have ever been in the game. Whenever I have seen him in the news it has usually been because of family, charity, good deeds, etc. Apparently his football career is a great story also.

I'm sorry to see him retire but it sounds like his future will keep in the public eye....in a good way. After 12 years of getting beat up on the field I don't blame him for retiring.

Raving:
Jef Mallet is one of my favorite cartoonists. His characters in Frazz are awesome. I saw this one and loved it, especially since my Snakebite Racing Team consists of triathletes, roadies, mountain bikers, duathletes and cyclocross riders. If you can't view the cartoon well enough go see the original on comics.com.


Game On

No comments: