Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Picture catch up

I have fallen behind already and here I am playing catch-up. But you will soon realize why the delay. Oh yeah...delays. That's been my world the past couple of days.

1/08/11
So going back to Saturday.....it was time to finally take down the Christmas decorations. While Aimee was busy with running some errands I put away the trees (two of them), bagged up some larger items, packed the knick knacks that I knew where they should go. I couldn't figure out where a small batch needed to go so I waited for Aimee to get home. That's Santa in the background.


1/09/11
Sunday morning Aimee and I lead a spin session at Coca Crossfit. Before we started I took this picture of the pull-up rig in the gym. Rogue Fitness sponsors Kate as an athlete and their equipment is very nice.


1/10/11
Monday. Where do I even start. Monday actually started on Sunday. I was flying to Birmingham, AL for work. As we approached Birmingham the pilot was told to divert to Huntsville due to the weather. We wound up stuck in Huntsville for the night. This winter storm was bringing Alabama to a stand-still just like many other southern states. Huntsville totaled 9 inches of snow that night. That is their average snowfall for one winter.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with US Airways, not my favorite people right now, and the company travel agency, Egencia......now these people were very helpful and took care of me.


1/11/11
Tuesday afternoon, today, I finally arrived where I should have been on Sunday night. Gadsden, AL is a city in northeastern Alabama. My one hour drive took about 1.5 due to the icy conditions on the road. I managed to get 3 good hours of work done before calling it a night. I was going to stop by the local YMCA to check on their schedule only to find them closed. So I put together a workout I could do in my hotel room. In honor of 1/11/11 I did

1 WOD (Workout Of the Day) consisting of:

  • Squats
  • Dips
  • Pushups
  • Situps
11 reps
11 rounds
for time

Overall I did 121 of each exercise in 14:02. The squats and situps were fine, but the pushups and dips fried my arms. I could hear Kate in the back of my mind yelling, "KEEP IT UP" or "HALF WAY THERE". I pushed myself pretty hard being on my own. Having the clock running helped a lot.

1 comment:

Christi said...

All great photos! And way to keep up the workouts while on the road!