Friday, July 15, 2011

Vive Le Tour


In case you have been living under a rock lately...or just don't care....Le Tour de France is on it's 14th day. It has been a very exciting and dramatic race so far. Some media people have called it Le Tour de Crash because of the massive pile ups and injuries during the first week.

Some major contenders have already been eliminated. Three abandoned just today due to lingering injuries and the body simply shutting down on them.

The past several years I have been fortunate to work from home during the Tour. I can work and watch at the same time. I'm really into the tour this year. There is something very impressive about watching the individual and team efforts that go into riding the Tour.

I can't seem to get enough of the television coverage.

I watch the live show in the morning.

I watch the recap in the afternoon.

I watch the prime time show with all the special segments.

I find it similar to watching a movie. The more times you see something the more you see the little things. After watching the riders the first time, I can pay more attention to the scenery, fans, or supporting riders during the other shows.

Even when traveling I should be able to catch most of the Tour in my hotel room, or on the internet.

I don't care who wins right now. I don't think Contador will do it...he just isn't looking good.

No matter what happens....these guy have got major Game.

2 comments:

Christi said...

I always love the Tour!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I love the tour as well

I met 2 of your Snakebite teammates at the Greenswell Tri down here in Columbus, nice people.