Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thank-you Madam Pele

for moving the severe thunderstorms through northern Ohio quickly
for providing sunlight after the clouds drifted away
for not cooling the temperature down after the rain
for providing a stiff wind in my face for my big gear intervals
for providing a stiff side wind that forced me to work on my bike handling skills while in the aero position
for providing a beautiful orange sunset as I rode my last few miles home.

I had a 90 minute workout on the bike last night. Watching the skies and doppler radar on the Weather channel I knew the storm would move through fast. I waited long enough that I never got rained on. However, I did have the road spray to deal with, mainly on my legs.

Big gear pushes went well especially with the stiff winds coming at me. Eight intervals when I only needed to do six.

I finished almost 32 miles of riding in 94 minutes. I was happy with that.

4 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Woot! Sounds like Pele's really working for you! :-)

qcmier said...

Whoa, there are propeller farms around here?!? =)

Eric said...

I didn't say I took the picture myself. It was a pretty picure that I found on the internet.

Trifrog said...

Thanks for reminding me of the beauty that's out there if I'm willing to look for it beyond the pain of those intervals.

There should be windmills around here - free energy.