Thursday, May 01, 2008

Horray Horray.....

it's the first of May. Outdoor ____ing begins today. Insert favorite activity here.


May is going to be an exciting month. So many things going on.


First off, my daughter is graduating from high school. She's been doing very well her senior year and is enrolled at Tri-C for the fall. I'm proud of her recent accomplishments and as always there are high hopes for the future and she plans to study photography.


Secondly, Aimee and I are going to Colorado for Memorial Day weekend. We will be visiting friends in Denver then staying with Bolder in Boulder. The weekend will culminate with the running of the bulls through the streets of Boulder. You may know the event as the Bolder Boulder 10k.


This is definitely a destination event with close to, in not over, 50,000 people participating. I will be there race and try to set a PR for the 10k distance. I am forgoing the Rite Aid 10k the weekend prior so I am fresh for the altitude of Boulder, 5430 feet baby.


Because this is a destination event/race we opted to go all out with the entry and get the ultimate schwag package filled with the following:


  • Short sleeve race shirt
  • Long sleeve race shirt
  • adidas Technical Running shirt
  • Crocs

The real cool thing is that they ship you everything in advance. That's great for people coming in from out of town. The entire package is very cool. Just take a look:







In the tradition of my good friend Bolder, I am offering up schwag for guessing my finish time. Closest to my finish time gets schwag. Doesn't matter if over or under. I haven't decided what to award as a prize, I may have to consult with Bolder about that.



Keep checking back as I will be providing training updates all month. Don't forget to look at past race reports/results either.

Game On

3 comments:

triguyjt said...

book it...
42:34 bolder in boulder

thats cool you get schwag in advance...
keep us posted eric/

BuckeyeRunner said...

I am going with 38:49. That is that.

Ps. thanks for the H2O setup help. I am still all over the board on what my final setup will be!

Melissa said...

39:39 is my guess. Have fun!! Found your blog from Bold's.