Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Road Food

I'm traveling for work this week so I don't have my favorite recipes available and I haven't had time to search the internet for recipes. So what do I do while on the road, try to eat healthy.

Nowadays breakfast at most hotels is provided. One of the perks to attract customers. The best part of breakfast where I am staying is the fresh fruit. Apples, bananas, oranges.....good choices.

I still manage to stay away from fast food, especially for lunch. Subway is usually a good option for lunch even though I try to limit the carbs and processed meats, turkey or chicken is preferred.

Dinner last night was the old stand-by, pizza. I also ordered a side salad. Except for the pepperoni on the pizza the meal was healthy. You have to get pepperoni on a pizza.

Short and simple today.

As Greyhound says, go play....recess is calling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Dave & Busters?

Eric said...

True.....Trigreyhound says...training is recess....go play.

Janet Edwards said...

Eating on the road is always hard!

Lucky for me I prefer mushrooms to pepperoni on my pizza. My problem is knowing when to stop!

Hope the trip home goes much smoother--which should not be too hard given the one out there!

qcmier said...

Road food is never that good. I would always try to find "healthier" chain restaurants. California Pizza Kitchen was never that bad, but I doubt they have those in the UP.

Cliff said...

I do like subway. Not very filling but it is more heatlhier choice than other road food out there.

Hotels with fresh foods. A definite perk.