Friday, February 24, 2006

Family and Friends Friday - Andrew

This edition of FFF introduces my son Andrew. A freshman in college he has been doing well this first year with no major problems, at least none that have required my intervention. As a student of the College of Health and Human Services he is studying for a degree in Pre Physical Therapy. The major program is an additional three years for a doctorate degree.

Andrew ran cross country and track in high school which I enjoyed as much as he did. Once high school was done so was his running career, for now. His extra curricular activities now include beer pong and frequent visits from his girlfriend, oh the joys of college freedom.

I visited him for Dad's Weekend in January. We attended a basketball game, saw comedian Jeff Garlin, played beer pong and raquetball (not at the same time) and generally had a good time.

It's been fun watching him grow up and mature and look forward to what the future holds for him. I'm hoping he will be able to make it out to IM USA to watch me finish and possibly cross the finish line with me. He wants to work alot this summer and I will not force him to come out, he says he want to though.

6 comments:

Trisaratops said...

GEEZ--you guys could be TWINS!!! Very cool--sounds like a cool guy, like his dad! :)

Cliff said...

Beer pong sounds like an awesome game...

E-Speed said...

awwe what a cutie! You don't look old enough to be his dad though!

Bolder said...

who was who?

jayzus!

Eric said...

Yes there are only 20 years between us. I am usually the youngest dad around, often the best in shape also.

Papa Louie said...

A blessing to have wonderful children and to be a proud PAPA!!