Sunday, February 26, 2006

Oh Yeah Baby!!


I made it back in the pool today still suffering from a painful hip flexor. Saturday I was on the bike trainer for one hour then tried to run. The run only lasted 10 minutes since my glute and hamstring were still tight. So I tried to rest the leg and got some stuff done around the house. Aimee and I went to a neighbors house for a small party Saturday night, more to come on that later.

We slept in which was nice since we were out 'til midnight. So I ate some breakfast and headed to the Y for lap swim.

I felt rested and eager to get going. I think I had given my left arm enough rest from it's strain so I wanted to see how far it would go.

Boy did things flow. I was feeling strong and fast, first 100 yards 1:30. That was fast, back it off. But backing it off was still pretty fast. My 100 yard splits were never above 1:40, with most being around 1:35. My 1000 yard splits were 15:58, 16:04 and 15:46. So I did 3000 yards in 47:48, I was stoked. Finished that up with 200 yards cooldown.

Boy did that set me up for a good remainder of the day. At least my swim is on target and the bike is solid. Now I just need to get this hip under control and ready for the Shamrock Marathon March 19th. Two visits to Dr. Zak this week to help get it under control.

1 comment:

Trisaratops said...

Geez! Is that Michael Phelps in my pool???? Great job!!!! :)